Our vision - excellence and innovation in health and medical research, supporting better health services, leading to a healthier Illawarra community - encapsulates our belief that by linking academic and clinician researchers around common health and medical issues, research findings can be rapidly translated into clinical innovation and practical improvements in health services to support better health of communities in the Illawarra region and beyond.
We are building a nationally and internationally-recognised centre of health and medical research targeting regionally-relevant health improvements through novel treatments, better clinical practice and preventative health. Our success will attract the highest-quality researchers and clinicians to join us and our partner organisations.
Excellence, Collaboration, Intellectual Openness and Inquiry, Empowerment, Respect, Integrity, Quality and Accountability, Equity, Community Partnership.
Our goals are to:
- achieve excellence, innovation and translation in targeted health and medical research
- enhance the resourcing of health and medical research in the region
- shape an environment that builds research capacity and fosters collaboration
- inform and engage our local community, the broader public and international audiences
- continually develop our organisation and our people for a sustainable future.
Our Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Business Plan outlines our strategies and three and five year targets for each of our five strategic goals.
Meet IHMRI's new Clinical Director
In January 2016, Professor Leonard Arnolda was appointed IHMRI’s inaugural Clinical Director – a new leadership role shared between IHMRI and the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District. More here. More here.