IHMRI's vision - excellence and innovation in health and medical research, supporting better health services, leading to a healthier Illawarra community - encapsulates the belief that by linking academic and clinical researchers around common health and medical issues, research findings can be rapidly translated into improved clinical practice and population health in the Illawarra and beyond.
To build a regionally-relevant, but internationally and nationally-recognised centre of health and medical research targeting health improvements through novel treatments, better clinical practice and preventative health.
IHMRI strives to achieve:
- achieve excellence, innovation and translation in targeted health and medical research - linking bright minds around complex problems to translate discovery into better care
- shape an environment that builds research capacity and fosters collaboration - bridging academic and clinical research contexts
- enhanced resourcing for health and medical research - connecting researchers to quality facilities and services
- improvements in clinical practice and the health of our community - translating discoveries into better care and health improvement
- inform and engage our local community, the broader public and international audiences - engaging the Illawarra and broader communities with our success
- continually develop our organisation and our people for a sustainable future - leading from the present to a better and more sustainable future.