IHMRI's vision - excellence and innovation in health and medical research, supporting better health services, leading to a healthier Illawarra community - encapsulates the belief that by linking academic and clinical researchers around common health and medical issues, research findings can be rapidly translated into improved clinical practice and population health in the Illawarra region and beyond.
To build a nationally and internationally-recognised centre of health and medical research targeting regionally relevant health improvements through novel treatments, better clinical practice and preventative health.
IHMRI strives to:
- achieve excellence, innovation and translation in targeted health and medical research
- enhance the resourcing of health and medical research in the region
- shape an environment that builds research capacity and fosters collaboration
- inform and engage our local community, the broader public and international audiences
- continually develop our organisation and our people for a sustainable future.